Thursday, January 1, 2009

Update on McMahan Family

On May 26, 2008, Lucy McMahan Hill passed away. She was preceded in death by her sisters Daisy, Louie, and Mattie; and brothers Raymond (Pete) and Jack. Dave McMahan, the last of Dawson and Elizabeth McMahan's seven children, is just a couple months away from his 89th birthday.

For those of you who haven't heard, Dave had a total hip arthroscopy (hip joint replacement) on November 13, 2008, at Woods Memorial Hospital. He has been going through a rehab program at the McMinn Memorial Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center in Etowah, TN (Room 34).

His recovery has been a little slow, but his appetite is good and his mind is as alert as ever.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I wish I could attend the reunion. I am always busy in the summer. My name is Andrew McMahan. I am a descendant of William Cas McMahan. I live in Cleveland TN.

    William Cas and his wife are buried here in Cleveland along with their only son Floyd and his wife Maggie.

    I would like info on Andrew Jackson McMahan. Who are his parents/grandparents?

    Also, what about the McMahan's? When did we come to America? Where from?

    If you could e-mail me any info that you have at acmcmahan@charter.net that would great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete